Search Engine

Thursday 1 September 2011

Trip 2011: The 30 hour Journey Sydney to Newcastle



Thursday, September 1, 2011
  I know I should not be surprised at how many pages I filled during my journey...but I am. It is SO amazing to look back at these sketches now... been so focused on re-living the Lisbon experience that I have almost forgotten about the other parts of my trip! it seems SO long ago!

00_We13 01 Summary

Totally crazy was the plan to work a full day and then go directly to the airport.... I always try to sketch my teapot and cup of tea the last thing before I leave and also the first thing when I get home. It is a symbol of 'home'.

00_We13 02 Sydney Airport

Sketching at airports makes the time disappear into thin air....

00_We13 03 FLight 1 EY455

I often am too tired or suffering from a 'start-of'holiday'headache' to sketch very much...but this journey I have never felt better and sketched my way through it (though I do get the sketch in the plane done very early, before takeoff, so I can relax for the rest of the flight and chill. This time sketching made me realise that there was a free seat so I moved!

00_We13 04 Big Journey Summary


This time flying Etihad the flights/ time zones were different from what I was used to so I tried to work out what the different time zones were and so when I should sleep. The bar chart at the top reads from right to left. I had fun doing this - despite a few mistakes.

01_Th14 01 Summary

A simple page... I forgot about my collage strip so later I added it over the top of my text and sketch and then re-wrote/sketched.

01_Th14 02 Flight 2 EY19

Found the biege interiors of the Eithad planes hard to sketch... as for my fellow Urban Sketchers that do amazing fish eye perspectives... my head just started to spin when I thought about attempting that!

01_Th14 03 In the UK Terminal 5 Heathrow FOOD

Nothing like some food and a good sketch to keep one feeling ok after a 24 hour flight. Met a lovely artist - her work is great - and a big of ripped collage to start the trend. Great earl grey tea but not without a story attached.

01_Th14 04 Terminal 5 PEOPLE

Having fun sketching people... more fun that trying to accurately sketch a over designed detail in the roof.

01_Th14 05 Flight 3 BA1334

Final flight... enjoyed sketching this one the most. Felt so GOOD...amazing after 30 hours travelling(after a full day at work as well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment